Here at Luanda International School (LIS) we are a diverse community of learners, committed to fostering compassionate, confident and socially responsible individuals who thrive in the world. If this mission resonates with you, read on!
LIS seeks internationally-minded professionals with a proven ability to empower, encourage and inspire learning that is concept based, inquiry-driven and focussed on the social, emotional and academic well being of children. Our teachers, students, and families come to Luanda from around the world. We have over 55 nationalities represented in our student body. Together in Luanda, we form a tight-knit community that cares deeply about respect, student voice, leadership, and growth.
Luanda International School is an exciting school in an exciting country. A curriculum based on understanding, teacher’s intent on building a genuine relationship with their students, secure well-resourced premises and all within what could well be one of the world’s greatest classrooms, Angola. Please contact our HR team for more information about careers at LIS.
Luanda International School (LIS) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the protection and welfare of children and young people. Our recruitment process and protocols are rigorous and include criminal record checks. We expect all employees and volunteers to provide LIS with a criminal record check from their current country of employment. This document should be no more than 6 months old at the time of departure from the country. We also require a criminal record check from the country listed in your passport along with any previous countries where you have worked for more than 6 months. If a police check is not available from a prior country, LIS would require a testimony from the employer declaring they have absolutely no concerns about your suitability to work with children and no allegation or inquiry in regards to your behavior towards children.
In assessing teacher qualifications for potential employment at our school, the following criteria are considered.
Primary School: A teaching degree in elementary/ primary education or a degree in the area of specialization with an education certification. IB PYP training and experience is preferred.
Secondary School: A degree in the subject area(s), and teacher certification required. IB MYP and DP training and experience is preferred. Training in a second discipline will be highly regarded.
In addition, the following criteria are also considered.
- A minimum of two years successful full-time experience at an accredited primary or secondary school – preferably an international school.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of subject area and can teach the subject at an appropriate level.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of current best practices in education.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and ability to work with some EAL (or limited English proficiency) students in the regular classroom.
- Communicates effectively and positively as a team member as well as with parents in the community.
- Demonstrates a strong degree of resilience, flexibility and adaptability.